About the Customer:
Ploughcroft Ltd is a skilled roofing company in West Yorkshire that specialises in heritage roofing, conservatory roofs, commercial roofing, full roof replacements and home improvements. They are also the developers and installers of an Eco Roof™ high-quality insulation system.
Ploughcroft Ltd is also part of the Avonside Group, one of the largest roofing contractors in Britain.
- Having worked with Ploughcroft for some time on well-researched Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), we had already improved their Organic Search visibility to have no fewer than 57 keywords ranking in positions 1 to 10 in Google search results. Now, it was time to turn our attention to the Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) of the website. We wanted to give all our website visitors a better User Experience. An easier time browsing through a stunning range of roofing services. We wanted to engage each visitor with high-quality content specific to their search.
- Ploughcroft’s roofing services cover all types of properties — literally — and we needed to portray this without overwhelming visitors. Guiding a customer around the website’s 117 pages, without inundating them with a vast menu of options, was key to this new website development. Now, through our simpler, more streamlined menus, customers can find what they need more quickly.
- Not only is the website easier to navigate, but it’s better to look at. Another important part of this update was to improve its visual appeal to homeowners who are looking to improve their property and may be interested in a Ploughcroft home renovation. To capture the quality and character of Ploughcroft’s work, we have moved towards a smarter look for the website, pairing black with Ploughcroft’s signature green, to help reassure visitors that they have come to the right place.
- Our goal was to add a certain wow factor that had been missing from this website before. We set out to stimulate more interest and engagement on the website — and that’s what happened. Ever since we upgraded the website, its UK Bounce Rate has, overall, been 15% lower than in the same period last year. (Bounce Rate is the percentage of visitors who leave a website without clicking further.) Not only that, but our visitors also stayed on the website longer and viewed more pages per session than they had a year ago.
- When updating such a large website as this one, it is imperative to maintain all previous SEO work. The upgrade must not damage any permalinks and URLs. We at Pivotal, therefore, invest a lot of time in the staging and testing of any website upgrade. In Ploughcroft’s case, that testing had to be bulletproof, and it was.
- Search Engine Optimisation with the assistance of the Yoast SEO Plugin
- Continued website support to ensure the website is forever fresh and up to date
- 120 blog posts and 77 case studies and counting
- Social media campaigns to drive traffic to it
- Pivotal’s favourite plugins, including Contact Form 7, Soliloquy Sliders and, most importantly, iThemes Security Pro
Get Your WordPress Website
Call us on 01484 290 100 to discuss a new WordPress website for your business.